I’ve been sitting on some pretty exciting news.
Along with the release of River of Grace this October, I also have another book in the works, commissioned by a different publisher. And this one is all about Louisa May Alcott! The book will be launched in January of 2016.
The publisher is ACTA; this book is part of a series known as the Literary Portals to Prayer. The idea is to feature passages from the classics and pair them with bible verses which will then stimulate prayer and meditation. The bible verses come from a modern translation of the bible known as The Message. Authors such as Charles Dickens, Herman Melville, William Shakespeare, Hans Christian Anderson, Jane Austen and Elizabeth McGaskell will be featured, along with Louisa May Alcott.
The invitation to write this book came directly as a result of Louisa May Alcott is My Passion. YOU made this possible and I am so grateful.
I am presently combing through Louisa May Alcott’s books and journals to find the perfect fifty passages to complete my volume in this series.
And this is where you come in.
Many of you know Louisa’s canon far better than I do. I am making inroads but we all know how prolific Louisa was!
I could really use your help!
I would eagerly welcome your suggestions on passages for use in the Louisa May Alcott Literary Portal to Prayer.
Please post your suggestion through your comment, or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your passage(s).
If I use your passage, I will credit and thank you by name in the introduction I will write for the book!
The rules are simple:
- The passage must contain between 73 and 275 words; poetry is definitely welcome and cannot exceed 30 lines.
- The passage must contain some kind of spiritual theme, i.e. love of God, welcoming the stranger, feeding the hungry, personal growth, a personal revelation, etc. The religious nature of the passage does not have to be overt; we want the passage to stimulate thought and inspire ponderance.
- Cite the the name of the work and chapter number and name, and cut and paste the passage into your comment or email.
- Deadline for submission is Monday, August 31. Post your passage(s) through your comment, or send me an email at email@example.com with your passage(s).
- First come, first serve. If duplicate passages are suggested, the first person who suggests it will be the owner of that passage.
I would particularly welcome passages from Louisa’s short stories from Aunt Jo’s Scrap-Bag, Lulu’s Library, other compilations, or any stories published in St. Nicholas magazine. I don’t have the time to go through all of her short stories but should it be a specialty of yours, I would welcome your submissions.
Thinking about reading this weekend or over your vacation? Find some passages and send them along. I am eager to see your suggestions!
Please share this around with your friends on Facebook and Twitter:
All submissions are welcome. Cut and paste this into your Facebook page or click to tweet & share:
Know of a quote from #LouisaMayAlcott relating to spirituality? Help out @susanbailey and be part of a new book. http://wp.me/p125Rp-1T1
And thank you again for your support of this blog which has resulted in this opportunity.
Are you passionate about
Louisa May Alcott too?
Subscribe to the email list and
never miss a post!
Keep up with news and free giveaways on Susan’s book, River of Grace!
Facebook Louisa May Alcott is My Passion
More About Louisa on Twitter