As I’ve been transcribing letters I’ve seen at the Houghton Library, I’ve been dying to share their content with you. I wrote to Houghton asking for permission and as long as I properly cite them, I can publish as much as I want!

Here’s the question: Would you be interested in full-length letters on this blog?

Right now I am transcribing letters from Abba, Anna and Lizzie (and so far one from May and one from Louisa).

I find Anna’s letters of particular interest because she deftly spins a good story and includes many wonderful day-to-day details.

Reading letters in their entirety paint a broader picture.

I don’t have a lot right now but there are some I’d love to post.

Leave your comments and let me know.

Click to Tweet & ShareQuestion for you: How interested are you in unpublished letters from Alcott family members? Let me know … http://wp.me/p125Rp-1wU

Are you passionate about Louisa May Alcott too?
Send an email to louisamayalcottismypassion@gmail.com
to subscribe, and never miss a post!
Facebook Louisa May Alcott is My Passion
More About Louisa on Twitter

Susan’s ebook, “Game Changer” is now available From the Garret – download for free!

About these ads

16 thoughts on “Question for you: How interested are you in unpublished letters from Alcott family members?

1. Julie says:

Yes! I can’t wait!

2. Fiona says:

Yes, very interested. I loved the letters that Louisa and May wrote during their travels abroad and I love anything to do with all the Alcott women

3. Christy says:

Yes! I’ve been hooked on Louisa May Alcott ever since I found your blog over a year ago and would love to read her family letters!

4. SilverSeason says:

I would like as many letters as you have, full length if possible. Reading a complete letter, with the trivial as well as important matters discussed, gives a real picture of the letter writer.

5. Jillian22 says:

6. willowhouse@q.com says:

I would love to read them!—-Merri

7. I would so LOVE this, xo LMA

8. Daniel Bunton says:

I would be very interested in seeing letters from Elizabeth as she is my favorite of the Alcott girls. I fear that she is often overlooked and wish she wasn’t as much of a mystery. Thanks for all that you are doing to help us become more familiar with the Alcotts.

9. jbee says:

Definitely, especially from Lizzie. Your description of Anna’s sounds good too!

10. It’s a wonderful idea. And I’m glad the Houghton is amenable. Thanks for sharing your work!

11. Meredith says:

Would love to see them!

12. B MK says:

Greetings, Susan –

Very interested in reading some of the letters! Especially those with day-to-day details. Love your posts. Beth

Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2013 14:38:24 +0000 To: bmaka@msn.com

13. AnneJoLaura says:

Yes, very interested! Thank you for sharing what you have transcribed (and thanks to Houghton Library for allowing you to do so)!

14. Emily M says:

I just came across this blog today and it is FANTASTIC! I would absolutely love it if you were kind enough to share the letters you have transcribed.